2019 Syrah, Zotovich Vineyard
Vineyards and Composition: 100% Zotovich Vineyard; Santa Rita Hills, Santa Barbara County.
Barrel Aging and Cooperage: Twenty-two months in 100% French oak (228L Burgundy) barrels for aging.
Production: 140 cases
Winemaking: Zotovich Vineyard is the coolest vineyard site I work with and consists of sandy loam soils located in the Santa Rita Hills. These grapes retain their natural acidity and have beautiful purity, structure and depth. The grapes were 72% destemmed without being crushed, leaving approximately 28% whole-cluster, into two 1.5-ton open top fermentors and cold-soaked for five days prior to inoculation with a Cote Rotie isolate yeast. After the cold soak, the grapes were punched down by hand one to three times per day until fermentation was complete, 12 days. The free run juice was drained off and the remaining must was basket pressed and settled before being racked to 100% French oak (228L Burgundy) barrels for aging. This wine was aged in barrel for an additional twenty-two months prior to being racked from barrel and bottled in August of 2021.
Bottle Aging: Wonderful now, but aging will just enhance this wine. Ideal from 2023-2030
Retail Price: $55 per bottle / Wine Club Price: $44 per bottle
To receive the Wine Club Price, please log into your wine club account before purchasing