2019 Syrah, Spear Vineyard
Vineyards and Composition: 100% Spear Vineyard; Santa Rita Hills, Santa Barbara County.
Barrel Aging and Cooperage: Twenty-six months in 100% French oak (228L Burgundy) barrels for aging.
Production: 86 cases
Winemaking: The Spear Vineyard is a cool, sustainably farmed vineyard in the Santa Rita Hills AVA. These grapes retain their natural acidity and have beautiful purity, structure and depth. The grapes were 70% destemmed without being crushed, leaving approximately 30% whole- cluster, into a 1.5-ton open top fermentor and cold-soaked for six days prior to inoculation with a Cote Rotie isolate yeast. After the cold soak, the grapes were punched down by hand one to three times per day until fermentation was complete, 14 days. The free run juice was drained off and the remaining must was basket pressed and settled before being racked to 100% French oak (228L Burgundy) barrels for aging. This wine was aged in barrel for an additional twenty-six months prior to being racked from barrel and bottled in January of 2022
Bottle Aging: Wonderful now, but aging will just enhance this wine. Ideal from 2023-2031
Retail Price: $55 per bottle / Wine Club Price: $44 per bottle
To receive the Wine Club Price, please log into your wine club account before purchasing