2016 Syrah, Zotovich Vineyard

2016 Syrah, Zotovich Vineyard

In Stock

Add To Cart
$47.00
 
Add To Cart
$564.00
/ Case of 12
 
 

  Zotovich Vineyard is the coolest vineyard site I work with and consists of sandy loam soils located in the Santa Rita Hills. These grapes retain their natural acidity and have beautiful purity, structure and depth. The grapes were 80% destemmed without being crushed, leaving approximately 20% whole-cluster, into a 1.5-ton open top fermentor and cold-soaked for five days prior to inoculation with a Cote Rotie isolate yeast.  After the cold soak, the grapes were punched down by hand one to three times per day until fermentation was complete, 12 days.  The free run juice was drained off and the remaining must was basket pressed and settled before being racked to 100% French oak (228L Burgundy) barrels for aging.  This wine was aged in barrel for an additional twenty-two months prior to being racked from barrel and bottled in late July of 2018.

121 cases produced

Wine Specs

Vintage 2016
Varietal Syrah
Appellation Santa Rita Hills
 

Product Reviews

Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: