2015 Zotovich Vineyard Syrah

2015 Zotovich Vineyard Syrah

Zotovich Vineyard is the coolest vineyard site we work with and consists of sandy loam soils located in the Santa Rita Hills. With the cooler climate, the grapes ripen slowly, which helps them retain their natural acidity and have beautiful purity, structure and depth.  Our 2015 Zotovich Syrah showcases the fruit, beautiful aromatics and also an acidic base and slight pepper characteristic that make cool climate Syrahs standout from their warm weather counterparts.  This is a beautifully elegant wine that will be enjoyed for many years to come.

In Stock

Add To Cart
$45.00
 
Add To Cart
$540.00
/ Case of 12
 
 

Vineyards and Composition: 100% Zototvich Vineyard Syrah; Sta. Rita Hills, Santa Barbara County.

Barrel Aging and Cooperage: Twenty-six months in three and four year old French oak barrels (Gillet, Mercurey and Sirugue).

Winemaking: Zotovich Vineyard is the coolest vineyard site I work with and consists of sandy loam soils located in the Santa Rita Hills. These grapes retain their natural acidity and have beautiful purity, structure and depth. The grapes were 90% destemmed without being crushed, leaving approximately 10% whole-cluster, into a 1.5-ton open top fermentor and cold-soaked for five days prior to inoculation with a Cote Rotie isolate yeast.  After the cold soak, the grapes were punched down by hand one to three times per day until fermentation was complete, 10 days.  The free run juice was drained off and the remaining must was basket pressed and settled before being racked to 100% French oak (228L Burgundy) barrels for aging.  This wine was aged in barrel for an additional twenty-six months prior to being racked from barrel and bottled in late January of 2018.

Production: 63 cases made

Retail Price $45 per bottle / Wine Club Price $36 per bottle

Wine Specs

Vintage 2015
Varietal Syrah
Appellation Santa Rita Hills
Alcohol % 14.9
 

Product Reviews

Add A Product Review
E-Mail me when someone reviews this product

Leave this field blank: